Alison Pryce of the Canadian Mental Health Association – Peel Branch (CMHA Peel) will provide us with an Introduction to Mental Health (MH) and Mental Illness (MI).
Alison’s presentation will:
- Deal with MH / MI in general rather than dealing with specific illnesses.
- Provide statistics to illustrate how prevalent these issues can be.
- Discuss how MH issues could have an impact within your family.
- Discuss some signs and indicators to look out for.
- Explore some of the contributing factors for MH and MI.
- Wrap up with things that you can do to do to help yourself and others.
She will bring some guides to resources that are available in Peel Region including places in the community that individuals may turn to.
Alison Pryce has worked for the CMHA Peel branch for the past 7 years. Her background is in Social Service Work, Mental Health Promotion and Youth Education. She enjoys speaking to a variety of audiences and is proud to help decrease the stigma associated with mental illness.
For over 50 years, the Canadian Mental Health Association – Peel Branch (CMHA Peel) has provided services for people with mental illness and for educating Peel residents about mental health issues. They are innovative partners in strengthening individual support and developing a responsive mental health system. CMHA Peel champions good mental health for everyone and supports the full participation of those with mental illness and addictions in the life of the community.
Alison recently spoke at a Men's Health Symposium sponsored by The Walnut Foundation - http://www.mississauga.com/community-story/5334693-men-and-mental-illnes...