You can find out more about Prostate Cancer Canada’s continuing program of expert webinars at:
The Expert Angle sessions address topics important to men with prostate cancer and their caregivers as well as the general public and clinicians. PCC uses interactive on-line technology to make leading experts in prostate cancer accessible to anyone, regardless of their location. The platform used allows PCC to communicate with individuals in a variety of settings, e.g., homes, support group meetings and community centres.
- Tuesday, December 2, 2014@ 7 p.m. EST - Dr. Howard Pai, Advances in Radiation Therapy for Prostate Cancer. Register Here.
- Tuesday, January 20, 2015@ 7 p.m. EST - Dr. Richard Casey, Subject to be announced.
- Tuesday, January 27, 2015@ 7 p.m. EST - Dr. Andrew Feifer, Subject to be announced.
- Tuesday, February 10, 2015@ 7 p.m. EST - Dr. Tetteh Ago, Subject to be announced.
- Tuesday, March 3, 2015@ 7 p.m. EST - Dr. Tae Hart, Subject to be announced.
You Tube videos of previous sessions can be accessed from http://prostatecancer.ca/Support/Expert-Angle and include:
- Dr. Tom Pickles: Prostate Cancer and the PSA Test
- Dr. Andrew Matthew: Prostate Cancer and Survivorship
- Dr. Rob Rutledge: Complete Prostate Cancer Care: What should I be doing?
- Dr. Jennifer Jones: Androgen Deprivation Therapy and Bone Health
- Dr. John Oliffe: Prostate Cancer and Masculinity
- Colleen Young: Using Social Media Safely
- Cheri Van Patten: Diet and Prostate Cancer
- Dr. Danny Vesprini: Everything You Need to Know About Active Surveillance
- Dr. Rob Bristow: The Personal Genetics of Prostate Cancer
- Dr. Shabbir Alibhai: Hormone Therapy for Prostate Cancer - cardiovascular, metabolic, and psychological side effects and how to prevent & manage them
- Dr. Hal Gunn: Tools for Optimal Health
- Dr. Daniel Santa Mina: Better to Move: Physical Activity for Men with Prostate Cancer
- Dr. Rohan Shahani: Minimally Invasive Surgical Options for Prostate Cancer: A Shifting Landscape